Saturday, February 3, 2007

WHOOHOO!!!

I wasn't prepared to be able to get onto this site today, so I don't have my notebook with all my funny notes to write about. But thanks to VICTOR, I have a link that will hopefully allow me to get on the site more often. WHOOHOO! THANKS VIC! YOU ARE MAHVELOUS!!!

So, anything good going on here? Well, some things. I am now the senior volunteer member here. Yup, that's right folks-I'm THAT good! Or it could also be attributed to the fact that all the other Volunteers that were here before me, have gone. I actually trained a new volunteer yesterday in the art of bathroom management and bed making...go figure. I was just happy that they found me a sidekick. You all know how much I LOOOVE having a sidekick. Now, if I can only train him to bring me breakfast in bed. We'll see. The power of the MARTZY is awful persuasive.

Other than that, things are great! I'm suffering through with the LOOONG work hours and HORRIBLE scenery. I went on a 3 hour walk the other day and kind of got lost. Of course, my theory is that you can't really get lost if you don't have anywhere to go, right? I made friends with some cows and sheep, I climbed a few fences and crossed a few cow pastures to get to the other side of the peninsula. I came upon the ruins of an old farmhouse by the sea and hung out there for awhile. It was amazing...until it started to get dark and I realized that I was not only nowhere near Dzogchen Beara, but I was nowhere near a ROAD! So back through the cow pastures and over the fences I went, in a mad rush to get to the road before dark. You see, the land here is very deceptive. It looks flat in places, but it's really hilly and filled with these bushes that look soft and fluffy until you fall on one-they are SOLID PRICKERS! So I didn't want to have to feel my way through a mile or so of those bushes-although, that would make for a better story. I made it. It started to rain as I walked back and by the time I made it back, I looked as though I'd been at war or something. It took 2 days for my shoes to dry out and I don't think they'll ever be the same.

So far though, believe it or not, I think being surrounded by four leaf clovers and leprechauns has actually cleared me of my bad luck (I can't believe I just said that), but it's true. I'm still a clutz though. The Irish must all be really short people, I hit my head just about everywhere I go.

Well, that's all folks-I'm outta here and hopefully I can get on this site again soon. I miss all of you-me

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Victor does indeed rock, I wasn't planning on seeing a new post, but there one was, yeah!!! We miss you Bek.... Hugs and kisses from the kids...

Mary said...

Great to hear you're lead now. You have such tough hours.
Take plenty of pictures.
Love Mary

D.Lee said...

Hey Chicka,
Its good to see your having such a great time. Now about the four-leaf clover clearing your bad luck, now lets not be so hasty. We are talking 32-years worth. I't going to take a while. Just, kidding. Anyway Beck, Im in Alaska now and its even more incredible than when we came. I'm having a ball and i've only been here a day.

Talk to you soon,
D

Anonymous said...

Sounds like our trek in Arizona when we were confronted by rattle snakes and monsoon hail - except for the fact that you actually made it back before dark and mostly unscathed. Ela is squeaking hello from the other room. . .
Love,
Sarah