Tuesday, February 6, 2007

My day off!



So, I was going to go into town today so I could download a whole bunch of picturess, but it is ABSOLUTELY FREEZING and rainy and miserable today. And seeing as town is about a 2 hour walk from here, I decided to try and get a picture or 2 out of this computer in the woods. This is all you get. It's taken me a good 40 minutes to get this one on here and I'm freezing my tookus off out here in the aluminum can.

BUT! That picture represents my day off yesterday. I wasn't feeling too well, so I decided to stick around here. I went on a short walk and ran into these 2 lovely animals...I call them Lovey and Dovey...they are wonderful. They couldn't get enough lovin' and then went about their day grazing. After lunch I went and lied down for awhile with a cup o' tea and then after dinner I went outside to see the sky. It actually took my breath away. Every night there are a million stars, but last night, I've never seen so many stars. I went down to the meditation garden, where there's less light polution (not that there's much to begin with here), and I lay on the ground surrounded by the Milky Way. I know that might sound corny, but it doesn't even come close to the actual description. I finished off my day off by hanging out in the living room while 3 or 4 guys played guitar and flute for a few hours. It was the perfect day off...

Today however, is cold and rainy, but I still managed to get down to see Lovey and Dovey. They were down closer to the sea today and when they saw me coming down the hill, they came running over and met me at the bottom. I hung out with them until I was almost completely frozen and then decided to finish the job off by sitting out here in this meat locker. I think the rest of this day off will be me with a book and a cup of tea.

Tomorrow, I start my week with a split shift in the kitchen. There's a Retreat going on right now and we have to work a little harder than usual. I'm not a big fan of the kitchen duty. It's a lot of vegetable chopping and washing dishes. But anytime I think I don't like what I'm doing, I look out the window-(one whole wall of the kitchen is glass)-and it's ALL better. You guys will love this, Today the Retreat is in silence, so the whole place has to live in silence...including me.

Love and miss you all-gotta go suffer... :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day off!!! The weather in CT is awful...and freezing, and we don't have nearly the view that you do!!! Glad to hear all is well...keep the blogs coming, I love to read them.....
Love,
Sarah P

Unknown said...

Lovey & Dovey are beautiful, Mary really likes them... You may have to bring them home with you.... The weather in Ct is just as beautiful as Ireland.... sun shining, birds chirping... Icicles growing.... Hope to hear more soon... We love you,
Julie, Mary & Adam

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day for you-it sounded heavenly. I love your new friends. Hope you got the pictures I sent. The weather sounds pretty crazy there. Its just plain cold here. Love you and miss you. Mom

Anonymous said...

I wish my days off were like that! Georgia had some ice last week but it didn't last - the weather is warming up already. But you can imagine the mayhem Atlanta became when there was just the mere mention of freezing rain . . . I miss you!
Love,
Sarah Ha Ha

Nancy said...

Looks & sounds like you are really enjoying Ireland, but of course you would! Isn't it absolutely awesome there?! What are the temperatures there now? You don't even want to know what it's like here in Ohio!! Keep the blogs coming, we really enjoy reading them. Love, Aunt Nancy

Nancy said...

Looks and sounds like you are really enjoying Ireland, but of course you would! What are the temperatures there now? You don't even want to know what it's like here in Ohio!! Keep the blogs coming, we really enjoy reading them! Love, Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

I have no clue what I am doing, so if this gets anywhere I will be truly amazed. I am glad you are finding what you are seeking. That is always good, especially when playing Hide-and-Go-Seek. You can tell I'm a mom! Well, along with the rest of the country, the mid-west is cold too! But, in 8 days we are off to sunny Florida. The conference I was planning for a year went great. I have never been so physically, mentlly and emotionally exhausted. It has taken me a week to get back to normal. I hope all continues to go well for you. Love, Michelle

Anonymous said...

Is Mrs Potatoe Farmer out? Between Victor and Lovey & Dovey you are to busy to look for him. I was hoping to attend a wedding in Ireland but I won't give up hope. I finally got a chance to bring up your site. I'm glad you are having such a great experience. We all can't wait for a new blog to tell us what new experiences you have had. Hope to hear from you soon.

Love,
Joan