Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I will walk 500 miles



A photographer came to stay at Dzogchen Beara and we went out exploring one day. He took this picture of me while we were out. He's also working on a project where he's taking portraits of people meditating for an exhibit he's doing in May. I got a chance to be one of his portraits and my mug will be on a wall in Dublin.

I walked to town today. Well, almost. I got an hour into it and a friend drove by and picked me up. But still, I got in some good excercise and the scenery's wonderful. I went into the SuperValue grocery store and was standing in the dairy aisle looking at cheese. There's a lot of Irish cheese and I've found that I'm not that big o' fan of it. So as I'm trying to decide between bitterly strong and something they call "Vintage" cheddar, many people are coming up and reaching past me to get their cheese. One of the men leans over, picks up his cheese and as he's walking by me says "Excuse me, which one of these cheeses would you recommend?" and bursts into laughter. Nice. The sense of humor here is priceless.

Things are going great still. I have today and tomorrow off and I'm roaming the countryside. No wedding bells with my sheep farmer, but something tells me that I haven't seen the last of him.

I'm sorry there's not much to report today. I'm going to take my random purchases and wait for another friend to come pick my butt up and take me back. Ciao

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful picture!! It sounds like you are having agreat time. I'm so jealous!! I went to the dr today to find out what I"m having, but of course baby wouldnt cooperate so I have to wait another month!! I'll let you know. Keep the stories coming!!!
Sarah Prior

cy & lori said...

Don't bother with the Irish cheese. We'll send some over from Wisconsin. Let us know if you plan on getting up to Limerick while you're over there. Cy worked with someone in Green Bay who's originally from Ireland and is moving back to Limerick soon. He might be a better catch than Farmer Quick Draw. Stay safe!

Anonymous said...

Ireland seems to agree with you (even if the cheeses don't). You look fantastic! We took some great pics of Ela and I'll send them soon. By the way, I didn't get a chance to comment on your last post - so I'll put it here. YIKES!
Sar

Anonymous said...

Awesome picture! I cannot imagine living in a place where you have to WALK more than an hour to the nearest town! But I think I'd like to be able to imagine it...

:-)
K.

Unknown said...

Yeah the picture is good... but you can't see what's behind you ...Duh!... lol... It sounds like your having a wonderful time. We miss you lots...
Love ya Bek,
Julie, Mary & Adam

Oh by the way Mary thinks you look pretty... ugh!!!! Your an ocean away, and you still win over mommy;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca. great picture. we have Irish cheese in our stores too but it felt too hard -just wanted to buy it because it was Irish. Auntie Ceil is here with me tonight and she said Hi. Glad you are enjoying yourself while we are working our a . ... off. Miss you and love you-actually we went out to eat and went shopping-it was great. Love and Hugs, Mom

Anonymous said...

I finally have Road Runner so I can now post a comment. You do look maahhvelous and everyone is enjoying your witty repoirte....is that how you spell it? I hope you are having a great time, hopefully the living conditions are safer there than the ones that Tamarra has lived in! Stay safe baby pumpkin. Love you. Your seester. Julie Marie

Nancy said...

Great picture of you, maybe you'll get to Dublin to see yourself on that wall??!! How far is it to town, anyway? You are surely getting enough exercise, aren't you! We had a great visit with your mom, and got to spend a few hours with Tamarra too. Mini vacations for both your mom and us, which is always great. Keep the stories coming - never knew anyone who has had as many adventures as you do! Love you, Aunt Nancy & Uncle Tim

Judee said...

Hi Rebecca, I am thinking about you so i thought I would just say hi. Rocky is better. Its still cold here but starting to change. Miss you and love you-glad you are having a good time. Hugs, Mom