Friday, July 6, 2012

Update on the Raw Vegan, Gluten free, dairy free, caffeine free, alcohol free, juice experience...

I did really well for about two and half months. I lost over 20 lbs, my skin was kind of, clearing up and I had a ton of energy. I was exercising just about every day and feeling really good about everything.

Notice how all of that was past tense? Well, I started reintroducing things slowly into my diet, starting with cooking food, then coffee, then cheese and yogurt, bread and finally beer (occasionally). Almost immediately, I started to lose energy. Next came the screeching halt of losing weight and then my skin started to get worse again. It's probably been a few months now and I've been stuck at the same weight, can't get my skin under control and have ABSOLUTELY NO motivation or energy to keep moving forward! I think that's the hardest part for me right now, the lack of motivation. I have been unemployed since September and desperately need to find work, so I can't afford to be curled up in the fetal position.

And let me add that these reactions I'm experiencing, are not from an overload of the foods I reintroduced. In fact, I don't even eat a moderate amount of them. I use Rice milk and coconut milk for coffee creamer. I've only had yogurt twice and that was awhile ago, and I eat cheese occasionally. I eat bread and pasta once in awhile (meaning every few weeks or so), and I think I had two beers when I first reintroduced the foods. So, imagine if I had gone back in whole hog! The one thing I do have to say that I drink consistently is coffee. I started drinking it every day again and I have a feeling that is contributing to a lot of the lack of energy, ironically enough. Over the last few weeks, I've been getting half decaf, half regular coffee and slowly making it more decaf than regular for an easier transition to no coffee at all.

So, tomorrow I am going back to it. I'm going to move back more towards raw veggies, juices and the elimination of gluten, dairy and caffeine as much as possible. I have a juicing buddy for next week and I'm doing a 7 day juice and raw fruit and veggie cleanse.  I will check back in to update after I have finished.

Here are some of the pictures I've taken recently:









No comments: