Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Juicing Days #1 & 2

Juicing Day #1, which was yesterday. I did pretty well except for the fact that I had a screaming headache, was cranky as hell and by bedtime was STARVING!

But, I had a headache because I hadn't weaned myself off of coffee prior to juicing, so I was going cold turkey, and I was hungry because again, I hadn't weaned myself to the right foods before juicing so my body was probably in a little shock. As far as the cranky...I'm sure it had to do with the two previous issues.

Day #2: Went great. Low grade headache, but nothing too bothersome. Hungry a little, but I just kept drinking little bits of my juice and a ton of water every time I felt hungry. So tonight I will be going to bed with a satisfied belly.

I just can't believe how good I feel. I mean, I know it makes me feel good, but I let way too much time go by between juicing and somehow I forget. It's not just physically either. Mentally, all of a sudden I'm seeing just how much things like cheese, wheat and coffee have contributed to the whole slowdown effect. Tonight, at the grocery store, I walked right past the bakery and dairy case without even giving it a second glance. That's on Day 2. Now, do I miss these things terribly? Yes. But I also miss ex-boyfriends. I'm remembering only the good things I want to remember and not the bad effect they had on me.

No comments: