Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Goodbye Dzogchen Beara








I left Dzogchen Beara a little over a week ago with my friend Polly. We are house sitting for another DZB friend, David, outside of Dublin. It's been great having our own space again...and a Television. It's the first TV I've watched in 6 months and found that crap gets aired EVERYWHERE! Actually, it's mostly American shows. We watched "Dancing with the Stars", season 350, the other night...Yikes! I was, however, pleasantly surprised to see that DIE HARD 4 HAS BEEN MADE AND RELEASED!!!!!!!!!(If I could bold or enlarge the type anymore, I would, just to show how excited I am). What better welcome back to the 21st century, than by Bruce himself...heaven. So, I shall be dragging Polly to splurge on a matinee with me in the next few days. Then, as if television and a movie AND Bruce isn't enough for me, friday night, we're going to stand in line at the book store because Polly wants a copy of the new Harry Potter book. It's official, I am back. I feel like I am emerging from a cave like a blind cave fish or something.

And as exciting as all that may sound, it will come to a dramatic end on Sunday. Polly and I went for an interview today at a Holistic Retreat Center, to volunteer for my last 2 weeks in Ireland. It is an amazing place, but again, in the middle of nowhere. This time in County Wicklow, about an hour from Dublin. The name of it is Chrysalis and I can't think of a better way to end this trip. They don't have a phone or internet for me to use, so I'm not sure if I'll get back online before I leave for home. There is a local library with free internet access and I will have 2 days off, so we will see. But if not, I will update when I get back to the States to let you all know that I made it safe and sound. (That's IF anyone's still reading this blog).

The Pics are of the Dzogchen Beara entrance sign, Me and Blockhead, the resident Hostel Dog, Some friends sitting around playing a bit o' music, Polly, the Goof, with David behind her, me with my friend, Emma, and Vince behind us, and a Lotus flower from the Lotus pond at DZB.

I'll see you all soon. Love-Reebs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Rebecca, I go to this blog just about every day, hoping to make me smile. I love your writting and I have been saving copies each time I see new story, and bring them to work so girls there can enjoy journey of your life in other countries also. Can't wait to see you in USA, and hopefully you will visit us at Aetna.

Anonymous said...

What do you mean 'if'?? I also check daily and look forward to your next blog. I have mixed feelings about your return because it seems that wandering fits you so well and makes you so happy. I guess you'll just have to be content with wandering around the US for awhile (hint: Atlanta) once you get back . . .
Love, Sarah