Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Notice anything different?



I couldn't figure out was so weird about this sheep until one with EARS walked up next to him...yikes. This picture was taken at Barley lake near Glengariff. It was a wonderful day.

I'm in town again, and today, I borrowed a friends' bike. I got here a lot faster, but the way back is going to be a bear. It's uphill pretty much the entire 7 miles. I never had to walk back last time because Harry (my boss) came and picked me and another volunteer up that afternoon.

Well, I have some exciting news. You're all going to hate me, but here it goes. I got a housesitting job...in Greece. For a month. My friend Usha, who lives there, has some friends who are going on holiday and need someone to take care of their house and dogs. She thought of me and called me a few days ago. I checked flights and things and I'm off.

It will, unfortunately, cut into my time at Dzogchen Beara, but this is an opportunity I don't think I can pass up. Tamarra's coming to visit over St. Patrick's Day and I will leave the Beara Peninsula on March 20 with her and her friend. We will travel for a few days and then we'll all leave Ireland from Dublin. Tamarra to the States and me to Greece. This also means that I had to extend my ticket back to the States. I'm leaving that open at the moment.

The place I will be in Greece is about 5 hours south of Athens. It's about 2 miles from the sea and it's an organic farm. I don't know much more right now because I only just bought the tickets and started planning. But don't worry, I will keep you all updated.

By the way, I wanted to thank you all for your fun comments. It's my favorite part about this blog. I look forward to reading them every time I come on here. I miss you all and wish everyone love and happiness. Love-Me

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greece!!! That is awesome! Creative visualization at work, I suppose...

Anonymous said...

Darling!!!! Why would anyone be mad that you are going to the mother country...ok, it is my mother country and only one of the 4...I'm so proud of you though-and you look sooooo good and happy. Smooches!
-e
aka-dorkusbutt!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great!! What a time you're having over there. Can't wait to hear all about it. I'm sure something exciting will come of the trip.
Love
Mary

Nancy said...

WOW! Greece!! Never a dull moment for you, is there Rebecca?! It sounds wonderful for you, and what an opportunity to see so much. I'm sure you will enjoy your visit with your sister, and then off for more adventures! Have fun with Tamarra, but go easy on the Guiness!!!! Happy St. Patrick's Day, lassie!!! Love, Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

I thought the thing that was different about the sheep was his blue butt...or is that something on the picture?

Have a great time visiting with my buddy!!

D.Lee said...

Wow Beck!!! Greece that sounds like the trip of a life time. A positive minds opens doors where there are only walls.

Unknown said...

Maybe you'll run into Zeus, or Aries.... Nothing like hanging out with the Gods. Just don't let them wisk you away on any lightning bolts... And stay away from Ambrosia!!!!!... lol...
Love ya Bek,
Me, Mary & Adam too!

Anonymous said...

Not fair!!! You are living out the dream of a bunch a Aetnoid Poopie Heads. I LOVE!!!!!!!!! reading your adventures and seeing the pictures...almost as good as discussing Grey's Anatomy with your mom on Fri. morning. Looking forward to your Greek adventures and maybe you'll run into a nice farmer like the one with the lovely sweater..LOL Have fun

Nancy said...

I really think you need to tell everyone out there WHY the sheep's butt is blue!!!!!!! Most people wouldn't know that, now would they?!!
Love, Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca, I am with Aunt Nancy on the blue butt story. Someone tried to tell me that that is how they keep their flocks separate but we know different! But then again I think it might be R rated reply. Have fun with Tamarra, I will be having fun with Ktembe. Did check fairs to Greece(have to admit) wow those prices are high. So you don't have to worry-Mom won't show up. Happy St Paddy's Day to you-hope you get your card before you leave there. Love and Hugs Mom

Anonymous said...

Greece sounds like a wonderful stop on your tour of the world. Don't pass up that opportunity (unless you are willing to submit my name as a replacement . . .) I can only imagine how you will navigate this blog in Greek :)
Sar

Anonymous said...

You trip sounds like it is going great. Wonderful that you and Tamarra can be together in the land of leprechans. Hope you enjoy it and have some info coming up on Greece. Love, Uncle Michael

Anonymous said...

OK, Now that I know how this thing works, Aunt Simone and I honeymooned in Nea Makri in Greece, about 30 miles south of Athens. We did lovely bus rides into Athens but enjoyed the beach in Nea Makri as well. Would like to get your contrast impressions of Ireland and Greece. In a nutshell the Irish break pints and the Greeks break dishes, all in the name of fun and excitement. Stay safe. We love you. Uncle Michael and Aunt Simone

Anonymous said...

well aren't you just the world traveler!!! Good for you!!! That's wonderful. Can't wait for you to come home though, so I can see all your pictures and stuff. Talk to you soon
Sarah Prior

cy & lori said...

Enjoy your visit with Tamarra and the sightseeing in Dublin. We'll be thinking of you as I drink green beer and Cy has some good Irish whiskey in New Dublin Wisconsin on St Patrick's Day. Stay safe as you venture on to Greece!