Thursday, January 25, 2007

I have no idea what I'm doing

I hope this works...Everything is in German, so I don't quite no what button I'm pushing.

I just sent out a mass e-mail to everyone, but I'm going to copy and paste it here too. I'm loving Ireland and especially loving the Dzogchen Beara. It's so beautiful, it actually brought tears to my eyes. I wish you all could see what I wake up to. I picked the bunk directly across from the window, so the first thing I see every day is the ocean. I start work at 10:30 am (after the days first meditation), have an hour for lunch and then end work around 3pm...ending with the days second meditation. Not too shabby. I get cereal and stuff for breakfast, a delicious vegetarian lunch and then soup for dinner. Everything is organic and healthy and I love all of it! I've warned the staff to stop me if they see me walking near the cliffs, even though I've already done all that, or trying to cook. Either thing is VERY BAD! I'm attaching the mass e-mail to this, so sorry for the repeating myself. Of course, I'm not sure which button to push to actually publish this post. Hopefully "VEROFFENTLICHEN" means Publish. Never a dull moment eh? Oh yea, by the way, my plan of being Canadian over here has been foiled. There are Canadian's everywhere. I heard Bush on the radio yesterday and sunk down in my seat.

One last fun ditty before I attach the e-mail...a girl here yesterday asked me what an SUV is? How wonderful! Ciao, here's my e-mail:

Hi everyone,

I know the blog is supposed to eliminate these mass e-mail's, but at the present moment I can't seem to get on my blog. When I do, it's in German-go figure. I sure hope that's not permanent...I have gotten all your comments though and love it that I can kind of talk to you across the Atlantic.

Well, I'm here. I did finally get in touch with Harry at the Retreat Center and he was thrilled that I was coming a day early. And things surprisingly enough went rather smoothly. I got up at the butt crack and got on a bus. As it turns out, there was a woman on the bus also going to Dzogchen Beara. Unfortunately, her friend that was picking her up had a car smaller than my pack. So they offered to take my pack and drop it at the Retreat center for me...I know, mini series material here. Her friend then waved down another car and asked the driver to take me out there. She said she could take me PART of the way there. SO, I hand my belongings for the next 3 months to complete strangers and watch it head down the road, as I climb into the back of another complete strangers' car...they drop me off in THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE and point out which way to head. I'm glad I walked. When I came to the entrance of the Retreat Center and came up over the hill, I had to stand there for a moment. It was breathtaking. I can only tell you that the pictures on the website ARE NOTHING compared to what it really is. No Money Pit here.

So far, everyone is wonderful and the weather has been great! I slept for about 13 hours last night in my bunk that I've kind of made into a little cave. Today I woke up at the ripe ole time of 10:45...yes that's right Auntie Ceil, I slept in. I know that's hard to believe. I had a spot o' tea and headed off down the road. I walked through the sheep pastures and climbed down the cliffs and touched the Atlantic Ocean. It was amazing. I took a million pictures and one of these days, I may be able to send them to you. I don't know though-I may have to wait until I get home for that, we'll see.

My one thing is...As some of you may know, I have a tendency to ALWAYS live next to some kind of construction site. I think my presence promotes demolition and renovation...well, although I am MILES away from ANYWHERE, they just broke ground on the new Spiritual Care Center RIGHT next to the Hostel...so...the peaceful sounds of silence continue. I chuckled as I came up over the hill and heard the beeping and crashing of the big digger. I feel at home.

Well, that's all for now folks-I'm freezing. You should see where this computer is. It's down the road and in the woods in a little construction tin can cubicle. I can't believe I'm online in here. Needless to say there's no heat.

I will leave you with these little ditties...The local Pub also sells groceries (America is so far behind), I haven't drank out of a straw for 2 days, I'm so glad I cut my hair (the winds are ferocious here) and Ireland recycles EVERYTHING! I love it here.

I miss all of you and hope all is going well for everyone. Love-Me

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, reebee beebee, you are so silly with all this nonsense. Now, what I really want to know is.......did you or did you not meet Rinpoche??? What's he like? Is he drinking tea out of a straw yet? Ha ha ha. Didn't you bring the super duper blue straw I gave you? Shame sister, shame!!! And, I feel like I need to comment on the bag situation - you gave it to a complete stranger after only being in the country for a few days??? Have you lost your...nevermind. Anyway, luckily it all worked out for you. oh yeah......I meant to tell you...........I miss you, dude.

Peace and Love,
Nemo
Tayata om muni muni ma muni ye soha

cy & lori said...

Hi~

So fun to read about your daily adventures. We picked up a big book on Ireland at the local library so we can see where you're at over there. The pics in the book are fabulous so we can only image what it's like in person. Stay safe and enjoy each day.
Love, Cy & Lori

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,
I love reading about your adventures. I go on everyday to check what is going on now. I also keep everybody at work up to date on it even Theresa. None of us cam believe you are actually doing what you are doing, but you seem to enjoy yourself and that is what counts.
Thinking about you a lot.
Be good....
talk to you soon....
Donna L.

Anonymous said...

Bekkah, I would like to start off by saying "what's wrong with SUV's?" My children and I love our little truck....And if I remember correctly, you liked Sassy for a whole 3 weeks... humphhhhhh! Anyhow, we miss you terribly, and hope that you are happy over there. I am enjoying censoring your stories to the kids.. They don't need to know everything..

Love ya Bek,
Julie,Mary&Adam

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca, I left my comment in the wrong place last time-it was at your firs entry. I hope thing are going well- its quite and adventure and beautiful country and especially great because its part of your heritage. I guess I am going to be anonymous cause I don't know how to put my name in.
there is a shocker. Love you, Miss you Mom

Judee said...

Hi there, figured it out! Glad you are having a great time. Can't wait to see the pictures! What a wonderful thing to wake up and see the ocean. Love and hugs, Mom

Ceil said...

Hi Rebecca,

Just trying to see if I can get this to work. Glad you are their and starting your new adventures. Had a great day with your Mom on Sat. and today U Richie made us dinner. Tomarrow she's off to Ohio for work. Hope this finds you well. Keep the e-mails comming and we will keep the commets coming.
Miss you and we love ya, Uncle Richie and Aunt Ceil

Ceil said...

Hi again,

I guess I got it to work. After trying for 20 minutes. LOL that's me. I will try again on another day.

Love ya,
A. Ceil

Anonymous said...

Precious Becca of Ireland,
Top of the day to ya, Missy!!

Hope all is going well. Guess I'll have to have your Mom come to my desk and teach me how to have an identity. Amazing, truly amazing how small our world is as I too put my feet into the Atlantic Ocean quite often when I'm at my childhood home (Waterford - near the ocean).

Pray this finds you well. Continue to send me e:mails. Keeps you ever so present with me. Hey, just heard that they want me to head up the Allentown Telework project for BTS. How about I set you up as a Teleworker and then fax you the info. Will be just like ole' times.... I know.... not while you're experiencing what you're blessed to be living through right now. Let me know when you're ready for the Bailey's Irish Cream recipe for your pub friends.

Take a deep breath and send it westward to me. I'll catch the freedom and peaceful spirit in a couple days.

Peace and love and God's blessings to you.

T of Middletown