Saturday, April 21, 2007

Full circle

Sometimes life just seems to come full circle. I'm at my friend Usha's house now and she doesn't have a computer. So I'm using her friends' computer, who is German. So guess what...so is his computer. Lucky for me, I've had to read this blog in German before, so I know what I,m doing now. Fun.

So, I have officially been in Europe for 3 months now. And Monday, I will have been in Greece for a month. I am leaving next week for Italy where I might have a job working in Olive trees in Tuscany. We'll see.

My time at Brian and Gillian's ended yesterday and the dogs were VERY sad to see me go. I was sad too. Although, here at Usha's, it's been nice and quite...except for the OBVIOUS construction going on down below Usha's house. But that's a given by now.

Usha has a completely self sufficient house. It's run by solar power and she collects rainwater in a cistern. She has gardens and rents out 2 rooms during tourist season. It's an amazing place and I have my own little apartment here. The only real downfall is that my shower is outside and outside is nice and cold right now. Conserves water though. I'm not running to take a shower anytime soon.

I had a list of things to tell you about, but I'm going to cut this short so I can go help Usha make dinner.

I just have one little ditty for you today...in Greece, they don't flush their toilet paper. YUP, you read right. You throw it in the trash bin. I guess the pipes are too small and get blocked really easily...YUM! Again, conserves paper.

I miss all of you and hope all is well.

One last thing. I wanted to wish Little Mary a GREAT BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Remember to make a big wish when you blow out you're candles...I love you!

Love-ME

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW ! I am the first one to leave a comment. How about that. Was missing you a lot today. It feels longer than 3 months thats for sure. Tuscany sounds wonderful-just like the movie. All those "special" experiences make the good ole USA look pretty good. Well enjoy! Miss You, Love you, Momma

Anonymous said...

Hi Bekkah, I really miss you, and I love you too!!!!! I hope you have a good time in Italy. I will think of you on my Birthday... don't forget my present!!!! Hehehe
Love, Mary!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Rebecca you certainly are getting a trip of a lifetime! Enjoy your time with the olives.
Love Mary

Unknown said...

I'm picturing a scene from "I Love Lucy" except substitute you for Lucy and grapes for olives. Ohhhh what a sight! I know, I know-- not even close to the same thing, but I'm sure you're not going to let us down. Even better than that scene is one that involves you, olives and a very old Italian man. On second thought-- substitute the old Italian man for a young and HOT one. Ahhhhhh That's more like it!! :)

Glad you’re having fun. Miss you tons!! -Brenda

Anonymous said...

OK, I just wrote a REALLY long comment and then it didn't want to post it so now I am slightly angry.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you how excited I am for you and your travels. you will have to let me know how the whole olive tree thing goes and I was wondering if you could ask Osha how many kilowatts her solar panels pump out per year??? Just curious.

Finally developed my Ireland pix and they are beautiful. I will make sure to post the link to them on your blog.

I miss you seester. I love you too.

Love NEMO

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca,
Sorry I haven't kept up very well. I just found the old email (again) with your Blog address, so...
You definitely are having the experiences and you are so great with keeping us up to date. I do think about you often. I'm jealous that you are over there and I'm over here!
Love you. Aunt Marie