Saturday, July 28, 2012

By the skin of my bank account

So first of all, let me update you on my juice cleanse. The first few days were a little rough, but I know it's because I didn't prepare my body for it. But the rest of the week was great. I did 7 days juicing, 7 days soup and salad and this week has been back to normal-ish eating. I feel great. My attitude changed immensely, my skin is doing better and I dropped a few lbs (7 to be exact). And I keep losing, which is the great thing.

Now, onto the BIG news! I got a job!!!!! I've been unemployed for almost a year now (not counting the volunteering in Hawaii and here). The search has been miserable to say the least. I'm not sure if it's the West Coast, or if job hunting has just changed that much, but man, the applications are rigorous (and you no one really reads all the apps they get), the interviews have been mildly absurd, and come in multiples, and of course there's no follow up with most of them.

But after 6 months in Washington state, I have finally found a job and I couldn't be more thrilled! I start in two weeks and I will be working downtown Seattle, which will be a lot of fun. Now, I can start moving forward in other areas of my life, which is a little daunting, but also absolutely exciting. And it couldn't have come at a better time, well...yes it could have, because I am at the end of my financial rope. I will barely squeek by these next two weeks and the two weeks of work before getting paid, but I will figure out a way. As long as there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I am A-ok. 

Woohoo! Onto the next chapter in my life!

No comments: